
So I have been thinking about something for the past little while and totally made an out of character (for me) decision and JUST JUMPED!!! I am going back to SCHOOL!!! Crazy I know!! I barely have time for myself as it is with working full-time and having a husband and two kids to take care of!! Why on earth would I want to torture myself with more responsibility and work and hecticness (is that really a word?? don't know but I am using it!!!). Well I will tell you why!! I am working at a good job, but I don't love it, I get paid okay money, but not great, and I think that I should be waking up every morning and be excited about going to work and knowing that I am making the kind of money that I think my time is worth!!! So instead of just sitting back and wishing for it to happen (which is more in character for me) I am going to JUST JUMP. I just recently went to a seminar where this motivational speaker Johnna Johnson spoke, and she talked about JUST JUMPING, make a decision and go for it, make goals and pursue them. So that is what I have done, yesterday I went down to ISU for a "secret meeting", secret because I have not told my employer, and I spoke with a College of Nursing advisor. I was pre-med when I first went to college, but somehow got off track (mainly because of my laziness I think) and got a Bachelors of Science in Biology degree. Well come to find out, that is a "great degree to have if your going to go on to get a Masters in something" that is what I found out AFTER getting my degree (side note: if you are going to college it is good to speak with an education and career advisor PRIOR to graduating!!!!). Anyways, I am going to go and get a second Bachelors degree and this one is going to be in Nursing and I will be VERY employable when I am done and will be making double what I make now and working only three days a week!!!! I am totally stoked and excited and nervous and wanting to vomit and shaky and everything all at once!!! hahahahahhahahaha!! But mostly excited!! I can't wait to start this adventure, I have a couple prerequisite courses to take before I can actually apply to be admitted into the College of Nursing and then I have to take a test and a couple other things but I am on my way. My first class is next week on the same day as Brook's first day of Kindergarten, so Wednesday will be a BIG DAY!! Wish me luck as I JUMP off from my safe little boring shelf and delve into the unknown!!!

I am so proud of you sister! I wish I had the courage to JUST JUMP! Alas I do not! You will do great and be so much happier! I will help in what ever way I can!!!!!!!!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYeah you!! I am so happy for you! Way to jump!
ReplyDeleteYou are SO fabulous!! I am so proud of you. Geeze...you will have 2 degrees and I don't have any...huh...You are the bravest of us all!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I too am proud of you! Good luck. If I was still in Blackfoot I surely would babysit :) Maybe you could just drive on up here to MOntana and I'd take care of the baby for you! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds fantastic.. Good luck Michelle, I think it is a great idea...
ReplyDeleteWOW ok wear do I begin.... I am so excited and happy for you!!! I never knew that you were pre med before. I think you will make a super nurse and be awazing with patients and families. Especially with all your life lessons you have been through.!!! I never pictured that something that you would go into so I am still just thinking wow!!! You will be so happy when you are done and it will be way worth it!!! So are you taking classes and working at the same time and raising your family? or did you quit and are just doing school??? I am amazed at all you do anyways!!! YOu are awesome!!! If I can help at all please let me know cause I'm just sitting here sitting on the fence still afraid to jump.... not really just to lazy to!! lol Love ya please let me help if I can.
ReplyDeleteoops obviously I need the college... wear??? where well we both know I have never been able to spell. That's why I rely on my looks. LOL They are going too and I need to go back to grade school!! Maybe I will with Taylor next year!!
ReplyDelete