
Okay so my sisters and I and our sweet Jimi Jo have made a pact to participate in a 5K that supports fund raising for cancer research. We are crazy, but most people are, so I guess we are in good company!!! Maybe this is the motivation that I have been needing, the push that I need to get my butt in motion and not just to the fridge!! hahahaha!! So I found a 5K for beginners training guide, it is called "From Couch to 5K" and I will start the first full week in April, hopefully it will be a bit warmer by then, but if it isn't, that is just too bad, this fatty is going to be in motion by then!!! But then, I guess, over this next winter I will have to get a gym membership somewhere to keep up the running so my "fuller slower figure" does not return. Running....I am not a big fan to run just for the sake of running....I will have to make it a game somehow....I am going to keep track of my progress on here, it will be nice to be able to look back and see how far I have come. I have been researching shoes because I have flat feet and will have to make sure that I have good shoes, not just cute shoes!!! hahahahaha!!! Should be interesting and challenging and just what I need. You know, because balancing school and work and babies and a husband is not enough of a challenge!!! That is the CRAZY in me!!! So lets go my sisters!!! Start running and training for the 5K in 2011!!!! If there are any other CRAZY girls who read this and want to join in, let us know, the more the merrier!!!!

I can't wait! Mom would be so proud of us! She would probably laugh at us too! HEHE! LET'S GET MOVING!!
ReplyDeleteTo find some great shoes that REALLY work for your feet...go to Shoedog.com. You'll answer some questions and they'll let you know which shoes will work best for you. We CAN do this. We rock and it's time we let the world know!!
ReplyDeleteI totally lied!! It's roadrunnersports.com!!
ReplyDeleteHey I think you are all crazy and I am not going to join in the "marathon" cause that's what everybody is doing now. lol But if you need a walking partner before you move call me cause I need to get back in shape this spring to be able to keep up with my Taylor this summer. You know my number.
ReplyDelete