Friday, June 25, 2010

Why Can’t There Be a Dang Manual For This Parenting Business!!!!

I feel bad. Bad me! Naughty Mommy! Last night, Cooper was sick and obviously not feeling well and cried for a LONG time. Why did that make me feel like I had the right to yell at him???????? Rude... Mean... Bad… I know I was tired and not thinking straight, but really???? He is 14 months old and sick; of course he is going to CRY!!! Duh!! Why could I not just accept that and just sit quietly and hold him and rock him and try to make it better?? No, I had to yell at him and upset him even more. It is not like I yelled for a long period, I just looked at him and said, loudly, “I have had enough!” and so that just made him cry harder!!!! I am a moron! I didn’t really think that was going to fix it, so why did I do it? Why can’t I stand back and think to myself, “I am getting irritated”, “I should leave the room for a minute” and most importantly “I should ALWAYS speak sweetly to my sweet children!” I just don’t know why I could not have come pre-programmed like that!! I know that some women are, why not me??!!! Rude… Oh well, I guess all I can do is try harder and keep apologizing for my mistakes. I AM SO SORRY SWEET COOPER AND SWEET BROOK FOR BEING A CRAZY LADY SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!! I PROMISE TO TRY TO BE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU AND WOULD NEVER TRADE YOU FOR ANYTHING OR ANYONE!!!!!!!! I have been truly blessed to have you as my children and thank God everyday for your existence!!

4 comments:

  1. That's it...you've ruined everything! He'll have to have therapy for years. REALLY?? Don't beat yourself up too bad. Every Mom in the world has had that moment. You will be more careful next time. You are a great Mom. How many times did our Mom beat herself up for the wooden spoon? We seem to have turned out just fine. Sweet Cooper and Sweet Brookie will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, like Lori says don't beat yourself up over it. I think that almost every single Mom who has had a crazy child crying non-stop when they are dead tired has yelled. There have been nights when Kailey just wont stop in the middle of the night (and she is almost 3!) and I am sorry to admit that I have yelled at her. It happens. And guess what? She still cries almost every night for me not to leave. I think she has forgiven me :c) Just don't let it be a habit and it will all be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh shoot you big meany! HAHAHA! Keeping your cool is hard to do in the middle of the night! Especially when you know WORK awaits you in the morning! I am pretty sure your sweet boy has forgiven you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle my dearest: You are quite normal. I often have those moments. Ya, I'm famous for it and don't feel any better about it! :)

    ReplyDelete