Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nursing School Update......

Back in October les slipped on the stairs in our house and broked his ankle in three places!! It required a plate and 9 screws surgically placed to stabilize his ankle. He has been off work and off his feet for quite a while now so that is why I have not been doing very well and keeping up on what is going on in my life. Between school and work and kids and dogs and husband and friends and family, I haven't had much time for me. Anyways the big moment has actually come and gone but I thought I should post it finally on here!! I GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE RN NURSING PROGRAM AT ISU!!!! I will start in January with my nursing courses. I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. I will have to quit my job because the two conflict too much. But that is ok, it will be worth it in the long run. Les should be back to work by the time that I quit so I think we should be able to make it on just his salary. If not, we will figure something out. I never thought this day would come. Weird how those days always seem so far away but then once they are here you think back and say "where did the time go!" hahahahahaha! Crazy. It will take me 5 semesters to graduate and then I will have my second Bachelors degree, a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Right now I just have one more class to finish up for the semester and get a "C" or better for a grade, I am sitting and a high "B" I would have to totally bomb the final to not achieve what I need. The class that I am still waiting to finish is Pathobiology and I just finished Biochemistry which I got an "A" in as well as an "A" in the lab for that class. Tomorrow I am going to the first meeting for nursing school and we are going to order our scrubs and stethescopes and all sorts of fun things. I am very excited of the prospect of changing my career direction. I am very burned out from Unemployment Compensation, with the poor economy it is a stressful job and hardly any satisfaction is gained from completing anything at work. I can't wait to find some passion for my work again!! NURSING SCHOOL HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you!!! How much does a stethoscope run??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously sister, you AMAZE me! How you do all you do and keep your head above water is nothing short of a inspiring! Mom would be super proud of you!!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!! That is so AMAZING!! I am so excited for you right now, this is HUGE!!! You go girl, you are going to rock the nursing world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! Congrats!!! I'm so exciting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete