Monday, July 20, 2009

Swimmers Itch at The Crab Hole!!!!!!!!

Poor Poor Brookie, all she did was go to the beach with her Grandma and cousin and the poor dear came home with SWIMMERS ITCH!!!!!! Of course at first I was not sure that that was what all the big red "bite-looking" marks on her body was!! I had no clue what was her problem as she was screaming at me, "it itches, it itches!" which took me by surprise because two seconds earlier she seemed fine! If we rewind time a bit we would come to find out that after swimming earlier that day she said that she was itchy and her Grandma gave her two baths, the second with baking soda, which I guess at the time seemed to stop the itching. Now, back to the future, (really the present but I just had to say back to the future!! lol) we are back to her screaming "it itches, it itches!", it is late at night and we are up in the middle of Ogden Canyon, camping with our friends at their cabin. We brought Brookie inside to find that her whole body was covered in bright red "bite-looking" marks. We had no idea what they were, they kinda looked like hives but kinda looked like bite marks but also kinda looked like chicken pox!! She kept saying that she wanted to go to the doctor because he would fix it, I told her that we would wait until tomorrow and if it was worse we would go find one, in the mean time we rubbed some cortizone on the marks and it seemed to stop the itching, kind of... The next morning we still did not know what she had, so we called her cousin Desi and asked if Harmony had anything like it and she said no. So we eliminated "Swimmers Itch" and went to the hypothesis that they were hives, thinking she was allergic to something. Later it was revealed that Harmony did break out into the same marks and Lona Mae (Grandma) had them too. And then much later I found out that my sisters daughter Lacey had the same thing a week earlier after swimming at the beach as well (which incidentally Brookie calls it "The Crab Hole" !!). So evidently we have had our first encounter with the infamous "Swimmers Itch" and we won't be returning to the beach, a.k.a. The Crab Hole, again this year. Sorry Grandma/Lona Mae, but your on your own!!! We have had enough itching to last us for quite a while!!!

3 comments:

  1. NASTY CRAB HOLE ANYWAYS! I am sorry you had to deal with it, but I am glad I now know what in the world was wrong with Lacey! Poor girls! We need to do Ross Park soon!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Brookie!! That is no fun!! Kiss and hug her for for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harmony never got the rash/bites, but I dont think we will go back either.

    ReplyDelete